Home > Our work > Household_Projects
Household Projects

For more help and advice see our range of frequently asked questions

Most building work will need building regulations approval, either a building notice or full plan submission. If you're unsure whether you need building regulations approval for the work you want to carry out, contact our building control team on 01275 884550 before you start work.

Video clips



We have produced a helpful guide to the building regulations process which we recommend you read.

LABC Home guide

Homeowner projects

The Planning Portal's interactive guides provide building and planning information relating to houses, terraced houses, shops and flats as well as many common householder projects, in England.


Also see



The information provided on this website is for guidance.  Please refer to the Building Regulations and associated documents for full clarification.

It's good to remember even if you do not need Building Regulations you may still need planning permission. For further information visit the council's planning webpages.


Frequently asked questions 
For more help and advice see our range of frequently asked questions. If you can't find what you are looking for just give us a call.